Friday, October 31, 2008

Falling in love again


with fall. I love fall---sunny days, falling leaves, falling temperatures with no chance of falls on the ice yet. Pumpkin pie, hot chocolate, warm sweaters, cosy nights...ahhhhh...the perfect season!

I have a new friend this year. It's Josephine Bear. She's an amigurumi--the Japanese method of crocheting in the round. I designed the pattern myself although she's a fairly typical construction. My problem is I never write down my pattern as I go--I just crochet until it feels right. Try making two legs or two arms exactly the same this way. One of these days I'll learn.

I really like the colours I used for Josophine. I think the orange was called "spice." I'm not one to add black accents but it looks great with this colour. I think Josophine might have to have a few adventures this fall...walks in the woods, trips to the bookstore, visits to Biggby Coffee....

No comments: