Monday, August 17, 2009

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to the hospital we go


If you wonder why it's been so quiet here at the ranch, our youngest daughter had surgery Friday. As many times as I do this, it never gets any easier to take my kids to the hospital and turn them over to some maniac with a knife skilled medical professionals.

You think to yourself...as many times as you have done this? What? Is this the second time? third? This marks the 13th operation for the girls--and that doesn't count two for me and three for Head Honcho--in the past five years. We love our medical insurance! We send BCBS a Christmas card, never forget birthdays, send "just thinking of you" cards...

So daughter number four, sighing with resignation, had hernia repair surgery--two incisions in her abdomen. Then, she caught a cold from another child whose idiot, irresponsible, brainless, imbecile parents were stupid enough to bring in for surgery. Did I mention I want to drag these people through hot lava? My poor sweetie has been miserable this weekend. Even Scooby Doo could not cheer her up.

All of which did not lead to crafting this weekend.... But that's small fries when it comes to the important thing like raising healthy tater tots.

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Oh dear...I hope everyone is doing ok. I'll be praying for you all. I wish I had known before...

Jean Baardsen said...

I'm sure your sense of humor helps you maintain some level of sanity. Hope Gigi is feeling better real soon!

Katie said...

Hugs and loves from her friends out in Sunfield. Teddy & George especially send cuddles and hope that S & S are making her yummy foods at the diner.

And hugs from one mom to another. It's never easy. We've been blessed that so far Ben has only required one surgery. It was on his eyes and I know just what you mean about that feeling.