Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dolls, Dolls, Dolls


I warn you: this is about Blythe Dolls, the ones which look like they are either possessed or need Prozac. There is nothing else in this post. Okay? Warned.

Remember how I said I had bought a Petite Blythe doll and how it would be the only one I ever owned because they are so expensive and there are so many better ways to spend my money? Well, I lied. Or rather, I didn't yet know what the future held.

Yesterday my long awaited second petite blythe arrived. She's an Aloha Spirit, rescued for a very low price. I've renamed her Hibiscus Ann.

And then today my third Blythe arrived, again a rescued petite. She is a Shanghai Season, renamed Pepper Lynn.

Ahhhhhh....this is SO FUN! I feel just like a kid again. I know, I know. It's not like I was ever going to win the Most Mature Adult contest. I make and hang out with softies. But still, it's fun playing dolls--especially taking pictures.

And just in case you think I'm really a nice person, let me tell you a secret: I don't let the girls touch my dolls. How mean is that? Okay, there's basically nothing in this house but medicine, mail and my sewing supplies that the girls can't touch. We've got no fine china, no expensive living room set. The girls play wherever, get into whatever. That makes it all the more fun to tell them hands off! And it's good practice for them to learn that even Mummy has a life of her own...well, a little bit of one. :-D

I'm off to tuck my dolls into bed. (The girls are long since asleep.) Good night.

1 comment:

Recovering Noah said...

Those are SUPER cute, Tracy. I think you might start a Blythe Doll craze. Headed off to look them up now... ;-)