Monday, April 6, 2009

Illustration Friday on a Monday


I'm a bit early on my Illustration Friday challenge this week. The topic is Talisman. The caption is:

Muffy Bunny found having four feet to be very lucky.

Illustrating "talisman" didn't inspire me--I'm not a talisman kind of person at all. But I did get to thinking about rabbit feet and that led to this creation which features one of my all time favourite colour combinations--what I like to call Howard Johnsons. If you remember your 1970s-ish cultural pop history you will remember that the chain featured orange and a sort of turquise blue--a colour combo which has had a profound and lasting effect on me....just as the sorbet I ate at HJ on rare occassions when we were traveling. These two colours make me happy and that certainly is something quite lucky.

2 comments:

Chantelle said...

That bunny's colors definitely do represent Ho Jo's! :) Our local HoJo still has that same combo infact!

Buskitten said...

Love Muffy Bunny aand I love your site!